Sick lionhead goldfish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Islander009

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help please!!! I have three lionheads in a 29 gallon tank and it looks like one of them is sick. It has this white layer on top of its scales leading me to believe its a fungus. But I cannot seem to clear it off for good. Help is desperately needed as I do not want to lose any of these fish. Any advice would be awesome.

Attachments

• image-4063135253.jpg
    image-4063135253.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1173596157.jpg
    image-1173596157.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi! can you please post your exact parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph and what you are using to test (liquid or strips)? Water change schedule (%/#wk)? Filtration and how long the tank has been setup with fish? Do you have a qt?

It looks like he may have a fungal or bacterial infection (or both) but its difficult to tell from the pic. These type of issues are typically the result of poor water quality so this needs to be addressed before even considering any further treatment. Your tank is quite a bit beyond capacity with three messy fish and I would honestly consider a tank upgrade as soon as you are able to (40g or preferably, a 55g). Once we have some more info, we can make further suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom