Sick Rainbows, white lips, I can't catch a break.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJandTrey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this morning I awake to find this:

ForumRunner_20130619_090919.jpg

My Praecox Rainbow has white lips. This is now the third rainbow to develop this affliction and I fear the third to die. I have had the heat up to 82 and dosed salt since the first one came down with this several weeks ago. It doesnt seem to be affecting anyone else in the tank....yet. The most concerning thing to me is that they are symptom free one day, the next day the white lips appear, and the next day the fish is dead. After researching I find that it could be something terrible called cotton mouth (their mouth does not look fuzzy to me), or its something common that happens to rainbows when you have water quality issues. I am overfiltered, UV sterilized, and all params perfect. I do weekly water changes and run almost no nitrates anyways. Can anyone help? Please?

None that I can see. I've been watching the remining 2 very closely after losing the three initially. One of the forat 3 to die developed a white saddleback but no white lips. Im dumbfounded at this point. Not only were they my favorites, but they're pretty expensive too. Thanks for any help.

It looks like it could be cotton mouth. Its a fungal infection I believe. I would try a product called maroxy that stuff works MIRACLES!

Back
Top Bottom