Sick vamppire shrimp??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razael

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a vampire shrimp, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me why it is not doing so well...all levels check out, and the other fish are doing fine....(guppy's, platy's) Is there a special diet i should be adding for it? Please help

how is it not doing well? ime both bamboo and vampire shrimp, if hungry, can pick up flakes off the ground in addition to filtering the water.

it's not doing much at all.....i mean, it's layin on it's side a good deal of the time, and doesn't seem to be eating at all....not that i've noticed anyways...(i have been keeping a pretty close eye on him)....if there is anything else u could tell me that would be great

I had a theory that the water might not have enough nutrients...it had been a while since it had been changed...(the gf's tank) i was just unsure if they fed by filtering the water, or if there was a special diet i should be feeding them

sorry kind of vague :(. normally they filter water, but if there isnt enough in the water they'll forage around for food on the ground. i have some wardleys shrimp pellets, and works pretty well. it breaks down to the point of almost being fully suspended in the water if you put enough in, and leave it there long enough.

how long have you had it? if its lying on its side, im sure its something more than food.

I haven't had it too long.....and i apologize for sucking at this...lol, i'm not used to these yet....are there any tell tale signs of sickness i should be looking out for? i usually have really good luck with aquariums....but it seems shrimp aren't my bag.....

Back
Top Bottom