Signs of your fish, telling you that they are hungry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Temp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm curious to know what are the signs of your fish that indicate it's hungry, and it's begging for food.

I'm comparing it to my lonely common goldfish, who always stays put in the corner nearest to the computer, and "wags" its fins whenever I appear in front of the tank.

Usually, the goldfish would just swim around, minding his own business alone.

I have not seen any signs of hunger from my guppies, which is probably busy chasing around and around.

So, what are your signs of hunger?

It's hard to tell in a lot of fish, but scavaging the bottom and inspecting the top might be good signs. Most fish can live up to 5 days without food. Just stick to feeding it at least once a day, or cut back on the portions and feed it twice a day.

I know when my botia loaches get really hungry, they start to harass other fish. They swim up to my Silver Dollars and attach themselves to the tails of the Silver Dollars bugging the heII out of them...almost like parasites. As soon as I throw some food in there, the loaches leave everyone alone and spend hours digging in the gravel.

The fish in my main tank (at least the mollies, rummies and Black Skirts) make it very very obvious when they are hugry!

As soon as you come down in the morning they come right to the front of the tank and dart back and forwards in front of you! It couldn't be more obvious what they are saying.

The catfish don't participate in this and carry on doing their thing as always.

My stupid fish crowd the glass whenever anyone walks by, begging for food. It doesn't matter if they were fed five minutes previously. I generally feed them once a day, skipping a random day once in a while to let the fish's systems clean out. I did just get back from vacation, during which the fish went hungry for about five days. They were a bit lethargic, but they perked up when the food hit the water.

Back
Top Bottom