Silk plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if anyone has any photos of their silk or plastic "planted" tanks. I may go this route instead of the real deal and am really hoping the fish will be OK with it.....

That is what I am using. Didn't want to have to figure the plant thing out too. I think it looks nice. Just make sure you bury them well

I'm glad to hear someone else is Heather...lol! The lighting thing is way over my head. I figured it would look just as nice :) Good luck to you :)

No live plants in there? WOW!!! That does look really good....my doubts are gone. Thank you!

I have tryed real plants, but I have a Uaru and Severum, and they hate plants so I couldnt ever keep them alive. I have had plastic and silk. The silk are expensive, but very nice looking and the fish like them. They swim through them and treat them like there are real. My fish never seem to swim through the plastic ones. The silk plants have one big downfall in my experience, when they are stained you cant get them clean. Some of mine have algae stains and it wont ever come off. With the plastic ones you can scub and get clean. Hope that helps and good luck.

Yep! Me too on the lighting ? also my avatar is of my tank too. Silk is great IMO

Thanks NY, I guess the money I will save for not having to buy special lights and fertilizers and what not I can use to replace the stained plants when needed! :)

Back
Top Bottom