Sk3llys High Tech Planted Video Links

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live food Is the best.. probably why your rams look so happy and healthy.. that'd be cool if you could get the Daphnia going.. I've considered mosquito larvae. Have you heard of cyclops?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nope not heard of cyclops?? Expand away please lol

I only looked at daphnia as uneaten it will survive in the tank until it does get eaten

I went to my lfs to get some frozen Daphnia which they did not have... they recommended cyclops, they're crustaceans I guess.. a little larger than daphnia, my fish went nuts over them..

I went to my lfs to get some frozen Daphnia which they did not have... they recommended cyclops, they're crustaceans I guess.. a little larger than daphnia, my fish went nuts over them..

I'll defo look into them. Once a lot of my dried foods have run out i think i'll add in frozen foods more

Good to see you back Ian. Good holiday? How's the tank after it?

It will be removed once I've bought an eheim canister to go under cupboard. I turn my HOB off at night due to noise. I think there's not enough media that stays wet whilst it's off to support the tank.

I just checked out the last two videos. Plants and fish are looking GOOD! :)

Have you bred rams before? Is this their first attempt at laying eggs? Super cool man.. hope they hatch in to fry!

I just checked out the last two videos. Plants and fish are looking GOOD! :)

Have you bred rams before? Is this their first attempt at laying eggs? Super cool man.. hope they hatch in to fry!

This is prob their 5th or 6th. I think the corys get to them. Ive moved the eggs to a little tank i setup. Im determined to get wigglers

Did you move the parents too?

Did you move the parents too?

No. Should i of?

I didnt know if being moved from a heavily planted tank straight to a completely bare tank would stress them or not.

Also the tank was only set up yesterday and water conditions are pretty different. Id of had to acclimate them i yhink

I don't think you need to, I'm pretty sure they hatch with eggs sacks for nutrients and when they start free swimming you'll need to feed them.. i fed hikari first bites, freeze dried bbs eggs and frozen baby brine shrimp..

No. Should i of?

I didnt know if being moved from a heavily planted tank straight to a completely bare tank would stress them or not.

Also the tank was only set up yesterday and water conditions are pretty different. Id of had to acclimate them i yhink

I think i have to manually pick out the eggs that turn white dont i?

Will my shrimp powder food be ok for a little while? I got frozen blood worm for when they get a bit bigger

It'd really be best to feed frozen baby brine at the very least.. they need good nourishment.. I'm not sure about picking out bad eggs..

It'd really be best to feed frozen baby brine at the very least.. they need good nourishment.. I'm not sure about picking out bad eggs..

Ok well if they hatch i will get them sone frozen brine.

Gotta look at somewhere to sell them. I figure it wont take long for them to outgrow a little 5g

Probably take a couple.months to get them to a saleable size.. you shouldn't have much to trouble unloading them to your lfs.m

Yea id like to sell most but id also like to give some of them away for free to local aquarists. They are not a massively expensive fish but there will be people im sure hard up for money

Back
Top Bottom