Skimmer Only Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon reef with 50 pounds of rock up and running a year. I don't have a sump cause the landlord is scared of it overflowing. I do have 2 Eshopps psk-75H Skimmers on it. I also have a Marineland C-360 on it. The filter barely even keeps the water clean especially since it's a tiger pistol shrimp always digging up the sand. Can I just remove the Canister filter and go all skimmers?

I have a 55 gallon reef with 50 pounds of rock up and running a year. I don't have a sump cause the landlord is scared of it overflowing. I do have 2 Eshopps psk-75H Skimmers on it. I also have a Marineland C-360 on it. The filter barely even keeps the water clean especially since it's a tiger pistol shrimp always digging up the sand. Can I just remove the Canister filter and go all skimmers?

On my tank I only have a skimmer and a aqua clear only for chemi pure elite. You're totally fine without a filter if you have a good amount of rock and lots of flow.

I had a single 50ac on my 29g and then added a pretty good skimmer and all was well. :)

I primarily used the aquaclear to cathc particulate matter that would float around and for gfo. I would run carbon every other month as well.

I think with a good skimmer you would be fine. But you might still wanna consider the hang on filter. it definitely can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom