The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.


Aquarium Advice Freak
Nov 29, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
ok, I know on my new tank I'll need a skimmer, so its going to be in the 20-25 gallon range... so what type of skimmer should I get? I've noticed those skilter things are crap, or so everyone says so thats out of the question. I'm ready to spend, but i just need to figure out what to spend it on :)

is a bak-pak too big ?

will you be putting a sump/fuge on your new tank? Deffintely gives you more options if you will be using a sump as it opens your avenues to in-sump skimmers as well as HOB skimmers.
There has been debate about overskimming a tank and whether one should skim a tank at all. But when a tank is new or when there are algae problems, "size" always helps.
well I don't see using a sump.. atleast not for this.. its still a little small imo for a sump.

so maybe just a HOB skimmer
good luck with that. You'll probably have to modify it to get decent skimming, and from what I hear it needs constant adjusting of the airflow/collection cup.

I would have gone with the CPR bak-pak.
I bought the new and improved seaclone and it works great. Just give it a few days to get broken in. Once I have adjusted just right I have not had to do nothingeles...Good luck!!
Top Bottom