Skinny Gold Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animallover09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had this Gold Danio for about a year now and something is very wrong with him. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until just now that he was about to die. The other fish have been picking at his tail today while he was floating at the top. I just now put him in a one gallon tank for the time being. I've had many fish over the past 5 years and I have never had this happen. He looks like he hasn't been eating but I know he has. Over the past month or two, I've noticed that his body looked like it was stretching/getting longer. I just assumed that he was getting bigger. I guess I was wrong.

My tank parameters are always great! I clean my tank every two weeks with a 20-30% water change. He shares his 55 gallon home with 3 white skirt tetras, 2 black skirt tetras, 3 neon tetras, 2 longfin leopard danios, 2 longfin zebra danios, 1 gold danio, 3 cory catfish, 3 mystery snails, and 5 ghost shrimp.

I just recently added the catfish, snails, and ghost shrimp a couple of weeks ago. There were two catfish that died soon after I bought them from Petco. All of my other fish are acting normal and look healthy.

I have plenty of medications at home that I hope someone will suggest. I can't leave my house today to get medications because of a snow storm. I'm hoping he still has a chance of surviving. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom