Sleepy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumpnfishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’ve had tropical fish for awhile but have a puzzle others may have an opinion on. I mostly have angels as I have been breeding them for about a year. I have a fish room and normally I leave a night light on but sometimes the room is totally dark overnight. When I leave it dark, in the morning the fish are like zombies, floating around, some on their side on the bottom, some even stuck to the filter. Within a few minutes after the lights are on, they are swimming around like normal.

While I’m assuming this doesn’t hurt the fish, does anyone else notice this with their fish? My wife said that maybe I should leave the light off because otherwise they are sleep deprived..
:sleeping:

Yes, they do look very grogy in the morning. I have considdered dumping a couple of drops of coffee in the tank to help them along. My lizard gives me the meanest look when i wake her up in the morning.

My BGK sleeps upside down on a plant, (I call it his Lazy boy), my gourami sleeps laying on the plants, on of my bettas sleeps on the suction cup of the heater, and one sleeps right next to the filter intake. I don't think my loaches sleep :D.

My biggest pink gourami sleeps like a rock. When the light goes on in the morning he is always lying at the bottom fins stuck out. I can knock on the tank and it does nothing. He gets going on his own time, which is usually when the flakes hit the water lol. I have a seven inch pleco that darts into the caves when the light comes on and when he bumps into the gourami it doesn't phase him. He is such a bum

lol, my bichir will have his head in a cave he can not fit in with the rest of his body sticken out. Which is funny he is asleep considering he is nocturnal.

Back
Top Bottom