Sluggish fish (newbie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrearyGrayWorld

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just put together a 75 gallon tank when I first put fish in they where happy swimming around and loving life next day they seem all sluggish a fade of color and don't want to come out of there new homes ph is little high 8-8.2 :( but there big fish, Jack Dempsey male 4 inch, Electric blue Jack Dempsey male 5-6 inch 3-4 inch Oscar.. And another small cichlid name unknown at the moment. Couple long whiskers cat fish name also unknown and couple minnows

All sluggish loseing little color not a lot and staying in there caves

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408160623.957579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408188813.435088.jpg

Omg poor fish... Anything I can do to help it? Looks like this 75 gal is failing ;(

Ph: 8.0
Ammonia: 0.25 ppm
Nitrite(NO2-): 0. ppm
Nitrate (NO3-): 0.ppm

Please help

Just seen the cat moments ago it's so sad what's on it!?! Idk if it's ick don't think no new fish

Oh, that poor fish, looks like Ich, have you treated them?

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Your Tank

Hello Dreary...

Have you tested the tank water for ammonia and nitrite? You should do a small water change asap. Remove and replace 25 percent of the tank water and replace it with pure, treated tap water. After this, you may want to research the steps for cycling a tank with fish.

B

Ph: 8.0

Ammonia: 0.25 ppm

Nitrite(NO2-): 0. ppm

Nitrate (NO3-): 0.ppm

I tested it soon as I seen fish should I quarantine and treat the fish? And if so with what or should I try and get the cycle going

He's dead ;(.. Should I take rest of fish out and Quarantine/treat and try and get cycle started?

Final conclusion I took all my fish out and put them in my small 30 gal witch has been doing great... It's like I got new fish I hate moveing them around so much but I think they got more energy now witch is a great sign I will keep close watch to make sure they don't hurt each other I'm also gona work my *** off to make the 75 gal working great as well

Back
Top Bottom