Small sacs at the bottom of my Albino Senegal bichir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athens.asad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
I have bought a albino Senegal bichir for my 10 gallon tank todayImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400407046.973963.jpg , it has two round tumor like sacs near its tail . I first thought she was pregnant . Any guesses what it could be ... Also this is the first time I am keeping bichirs ... The tank is shared with 3 small cichlids , 3 clown loach n 1 cory cat .

Yes, it might be a bloat . Is it something to worry about ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400415055.101655.jpg for a clearer view ...

I cannot find 2 of my cichlids in the tank today after I bought this 4 inch bichir , & this Senegal looks fat!!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400616166.912285.jpg

None of those fish are good for the 10 gallon you should do research not to be rude

Sent from my N800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im sorry, but the cory is the only thing id even consider to keep in that size tank. I dont know much about bichirs, but i know they should be around 55g+. Cichlids need a similar sized tank, and should be cichlids only as they are very aggressive. Finally, the clown loaches get huge- both long and fat, so i think people say when full grown they should be in a tank closer to 100g

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom