Small snail looking things on my glass??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcs401

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have hundreds of what look to be baby snails all over my nano reef. Can anyone please identify what these are, good or bad?

Attachments

• image-2356804548.jpg
    image-2356804548.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 145
  • image-343622701.jpg
    image-343622701.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2713173883.jpg
    image-2713173883.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 131
Just a guess hard to tell from pics. I'm guessing they are just small feather-dusters. Do they have a small reddish feather type think coming out of the end of them? If so than its likely a feather duster. I have them come and go in my tank.

I don't see any red on them? Very strange. Like u said the look like tiny tiny snails??

They look like snails to me. What snails do you have in the tank now? I would imagine new hatchlings. I don't know of anything that resembles those that are bad for your reef.

I had many many snails, naussarus, and just alot of different kinds. Hopefully it's not bad.

They are not. I can guarantee that much. Other than mistakenly getting one trapped under your mag float and scratching the crap out of the viewing pane....

Could be colonista snails, though they typically have faint reddish brown striping on their shells.

I may have these, they have the markings you mentioned. Do they stay tiny and are they good or bad? Mine cover the glass at night but are hard to find during the day.

Back
Top Bottom