Small White Specks on Otherwise Healthy Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiddenHero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've become worried about one of my guppies after he developed some abnormalities. I'd be very grateful if you'd have a look and/or offer advice. Here's the details:

My fish: guppy

Fish's Problem:
-skin on his back (in front of his dorsal fin) is becoming discolored and grayer/paler than usual
-There are sparse, small, raised white bumps on his sides, one of his fins, and on his tail.
-he is still quite active
-He has been this way for more than a week with no significant changes for better or worse
-I have had him for a while and he may be nearing the end of his natural lifetime

My Setup:
-3 guppies living in a 20 gallon tank with two sword plants
-I change the filter regularly and exchange water (~4 gallons) but its been a while since I've vacuumed the gravel
-the tank has been established for about 2 years
-the other guppies are showing no abnormalities
-I have not added new fish, nor new plants, nor any change in guppy food or water treatment in more than a month

If anyone has any advice on how to help, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
HiddenHero

never change the filter pads, just rinse them in tank water. the reason for that is because, when you throw them away the BB goes with it. pictures would be helpful but it sounds like ich. to treat ich slowly raise the temp to 86 degrees, and keep it there. if no improvements are made, go buy a bottle of kordon ICH attack.

Back
Top Bottom