Smooth rock rivers? For aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junglefowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up some of these rocks in my area. Wonder if somebody have used them before. Any suggestion or what do I need to know about it?

Also, what are some best scapes to do with them in a planted tank if anybody can point me with some pics?

image-2771926102.jpg
image-911422614.jpg

Thank you!!!

Test the rocks with vinegar first, put a couple drops of vinegar on the rocks and if it bubbles then it shouldn't be used in the tank. There's a ton of different scapes you can do with rocks, haha I just kinda threw mine in the tank so my panda loaches would have something to hang out on. I found all mine outside my apartment. Be sure to boil, scrub and cool the rocks before putting them in the tank too but never boil rocks with air pockets like pumice/lava rock(they'll explode).

Attachments

• image-3056465201.jpg
    image-3056465201.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image-604311708.jpg
    image-604311708.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 107
Thanks!!!
I did put some vinegar on the rocks this morning. Nothing happenned at all. I think im gonna boil them ASAP and ready for another tank...
Love your panda loach!!! They don't have it in my area:(.

There are some cleaning solutions next to the rocks which I hope you didn't use to clean them...

Fill up a bucket with dechlorinated water and aerated it for 24 hours. After 24 hours, test the pH, GH and KH, then add the rocks to the water. Wait 3 days and test again. Any changes?

David

Thanks!!!
I did put some vinegar on the rocks this morning. Nothing happenned at all. I think im gonna boil them ASAP and ready for another tank...
Love your panda loach!!! They don't have it in my area:(.

That's good, and yea I love my panda loaches(cost an arm and a leg off of eBay, $15 each!). When you clean the rocks don't use anything but hot water and a clean scrub brush, then boil, then clean/scrub again

There are some cleaning solutions next to the rocks which I hope you didn't use to clean them...

Fill up a bucket with dechlorinated water and aerated it for 24 hours. After 24 hours, test the pH, GH and KH, then add the rocks to the water. Wait 3 days and test again. Any changes?

David

Haha, it just happenbed to be there when I took the pic.
Good idea!!! I will try

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom