Snail Killed Itself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My snail was wandering around until fe decided he would try and crawl up my filter intake. His body was sucked out of his shell and is now dead:( has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nope. Never had one do that. I have had them carpet surf plenty of times. I'm guessing they aren't very aware of what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've heard of this happening before, either the filter is too strong or the snail was weak. So sorry for your loss :(

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

My feeder snails will sometimes crawl put of the jar and end up halfway across the wall or cabinet before they dry up, I don't see why they do it. Sorry though about your snail. Make sure you remove the body from the filter before it rots, but I'm sure you already did that :)

Nils

No joke, my snail literally just rose from the dead. I am 100% positive he was dead around an hour ago. I was bagging him to exchange for a new one at petco when it started crawling again! :eek: ?

I was changing substrate once and accidentally covered one up completely.
A few days after I put down the substrate I got to looking for it and couldn't find it. Checked the floor all around the tank thinking maybe he got out. I finally started digging all thru the pebbles and finally found him. He was in the shell and fine.

This past week I was using a net to scoop out plant debris and accidentally got a balloon molly too. We looked and looked thinking he was hiding but couldn't find him. I went to throw out the little bucket of water and plant debris and when I looked in the bucket I saw the white molly just swimming around. I scooped him up and gingerly put him in the tank and he swam off. I felt so bad but I learned a lesson to be more careful.

I'm amazed how hardy some of them are!!

I was changing substrate once and accidentally covered one up completely.

A few days after I put down the substrate I got to looking for it and couldn't find it. Checked the floor all around the tank thinking maybe he got out. I finally started digging all thru the pebbles and finally found him. He was in the shell and fine.

This past week I was using a net to scoop out plant debris and accidentally got a balloon molly too. We looked and looked thinking he was hiding but couldn't find him. I went to throw out the little bucket of water and plant debris and when I looked in the bucket I saw the white molly just swimming around. I scooped him up and gingerly put him in the tank and he swam off. I felt so bad but I learned a lesson to be more careful.

I'm amazed how hardy some of them are!!

Haha! Once my brothers betta jumped out of a net and flopped around the floor until my brother was finally able to scoop it up and stick it in a bucket of tap water as he rushed to the other room to return the fish. I am surprised it is still alive!

Just as I was reading this, I looked at my 20 gallon and one of my snails is climbing up the side of the tank. They're kind of stupid.

Yeah, but they are good scavengers.

Inverts sometimes do that when the water conditions don't agree with them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, it may be time for a thorough water change, unless it's a nerite, the often leave the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My snails just dum. My water is good, but thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom