Snails and shrimp with cichlids and loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 Severums, 1 Uaru, 1 Angel, 3 Striatia Botias, and 2 Clown Loaches. Is there even a chance of having shrimps or snails?

Apple snails get over 4'', right?. Is that big enough for the clown loaches and botia to not see them as food?

Same as shrimp. I read that they get over 3''. Is that big enough for the big cichlids to leave them alone.

I know I am streching it but I really want some inverts. I dont have plants so no worries with the apple snail eating them.

Anyone with personal exp with mixing any of these?

well, what shrimp are you looking at????

the loaches will easily eat shrimps.......if you are talking about RCS, CRS, blue pearls, snowball, etc. sized shrimp

if you want to try, i'd go with AMANO shrimp
the males get to 2.5" and females around 3"

the apple snail should be fine

what size tank?

just saying, but your tank stocking looks off, as loaches should be in groups of 3 minimum, and those clown loaches are going to get well over 10"
good luck;)

maybe bamboo shrimp?
i think the sev. or angels might attack it, depends on their size

IMO no. Shrimp are seen as fish food regardless of how big they are if aren't eaten at first run the risk of being eaten when molting.

Snails+Loaches=Snack for Loaches. I've seen them simply turn the snails over and sniff them out of there.

well, what shrimp are you looking at????

the loaches will easily eat shrimps.......if you are talking about RCS, CRS, blue pearls, snowball, etc. sized shrimp

if you want to try, i'd go with AMANO shrimp
the males get to 2.5" and females around 3"

the apple snail should be fine

what size tank?

just saying, but your tank stocking looks off, as loaches should be in groups of 3 minimum, and those clown loaches are going to get well over 10"
good luck;)

maybe bamboo shrimp?
i think the sev. or angels might attack it, depends on their size

I was looking for ANY shrimp or snail that would work.
Its a 65g. I know clown loaches get big and should be in bigger groups, they are my favorite fish. They seem very happy to me. My LFS and I have a very good relationship and I trade in anything that gets to big or agessive.

Back
Top Bottom