Snails for dwarf puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to feed my dwarf puffer snails but I don't know what kind. I need them to be able to breed in my 20 gallon so I don't have to go to the pet store every time I need to feed the DP snails. What snails will work?

I think regular pond snails will do fine. They will breed in any tank, it helps if you have some live plants.

Pond snails, ramshorn snails, trumpets, pretty much any snails will do. My DP's devour any snails they see! You can also try feeding them white worms or bloodworms (live, mine don't seem to care for frozen).

I'm not really sure about that :/
I have some pond and ramshorn in a small tank that contains a Marimo mossball and some java moss. I know that pond snails will feed on decaying leaves, but am otherwise clueless, lol. Sorry

I'm not really sure about that :/
I have some pond and ramshorn in a small tank that contains a Marimo mossball and some java moss. I know that pond snails will feed on decaying leaves, but am otherwise clueless, lol. Sorry

No worries I look around and let you know if I find out anything

Sweet, thanks. I'd stay away from cabomba myself. Vile water weed, grows like wildfire and a real pain in the butt to remove, should you choose to do so! I used it in my first planted tank an it took over, constant pruning required!

I just went to petsmart and the guy just gave me a whole bunch of the pest snails for free!!

That's what I was doing! You can let em breed if you have a different tank for em. First time I got like 20 from petsmart my puffers aye them all in under a week!!

Hahaha puffers are little pigs when it comes to snails

What plants would help promote the snails to breed?

Sorry for this "late to the party" answer, but I just found this thread. My pond snails really like to lay their eggs on my dwarf saggitaria and my amazon sword. However I think almost any plant promotes them to breed. They eat algae and left over fish food so feeding them is super easy.

Hi, I have Clown Loaches, they LOVE snails! I have a 30ltr, which I breed snails in, have a couple of swords in there, and just watch them multiply lol

Back
Top Bottom