Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like a pond snail. If you don't want a bazillion of them then get rid of it. I kept mine in my fry tank simply because they are very good at cleaning up, but it's up to you.

Mine aren't in a breeder net, they have their own smaller tank until they are big enough to go into the community tank. I know some people have

Bmtiz92 said:
Mine aren't in a breeder net, they have their own smaller tank until they are big enough to go into the community tank. I know some people have

Sorry, stupid phone. Some people have said that their fish will eat the smaller snails. You can also pull out the egg sacs to help control the population, but they can be hard to find.

I have 3 small paradise fish. 4 american flag fish. And 3 sucker fish. And some more but i cant remember what they are. They are all small though

Just know that for every one that you see, there are 20 more hiding in the tank somewhere.

Id personally get rid asap. They completely overtook my last tank. I was literally pulling 40-50 a day out at one point. I wouldn't suggest using the snail poison stuff though as it forced my tank into a mini cycle and killed most of my fish. A clown coach was the best solution if you have the space

Too small for a clown coach then unless you can 'borrow' one. They do take about a year to get to full size so maybe get one for a few months then re-home it??

Thas quite a good idea. Thanks might do that.
Ive got a small tank in the loft. So i might get that down. And put the pond snails in it. Untill they get abit bigger. So then i can put them back in and keep an eye on them :)

Back
Top Bottom