Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heatherhribal

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to add a snail or two to my tank.

I have 55gallon
2 kuhli loaches ( I plan on getting 3 more)
2 blue gourami
2 angels
3 mollies and 3 fry
I'm planning on adding 4-5 Julii cories
And a school of something colorful and small (I'm having trouble choosing because I want the school to be small fish that aren't fin nippers and won't be dinner for the gouramis)

Which snail would be the most compatible? Should I wait until I have all of the fish? How many do you recommend?

Thank you! I love this forum! I learn lots!

I would go with 5 or 6 nerite snails for that tank. There is a nice variety of different types of nerites so you can choose different kinds.

As for the school of fish have you thought about either praecox rainbows or harlequin rasboras?

I was using the aqadvisor site which advised me against the rasboras because the gouramis are too aggressive to coexist. Have you had them together? I'll have to look into the rainbows. What do you think about White Cloud Mountain minnows?

Yep, I have my powder blue dwarf gourami in along with 7 harlequin rasboras. I've never heard of gouramis being aggressive against anything but bettas and other gouramis.

Not sure about the white clouds. I've never kept them before.

Back
Top Bottom