Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saekalive

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 45 gal that I got from my bro, and he recently decided to give me a kerbinses (improper spelling) cichlid. Since then I've had 4 snails die and get eaten by something. Are they known to eat snails or do I have another fish that eats snails?

Stocking:
10 neon tetras
1 angelfish (growing out)
1 blue ram
1 peacock gudgeon
5 white skirts
1 dojo loach (growing out)
5 emerald cories
4 panda cories

Filtration:
Penguin bio wheel 50
Aquaclear 75
Filter media in both.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Edit. Penguin filter is bio wheel 200

Mystery

I had a snail die from being sucked into the filter, and when I found it, something had eaten all of the snail out of the shell.

I had a snail die from being sucked into the filter, and when I found it, something had eaten all of the snail out of the shell.

They tend to decompose leaving an empty shell. Also, practically all fish are scavengers they will all eat a dead snail.

Mmk. It's puzzling because all the snails were extremely active before adding the cichlid and when it was added, the started to hide in there shells more, only leaving an opening for their heads to breathe.

Mmk. It's puzzling because all the snails were extremely active before adding the cichlid and when it was added, the started to hide in there shells more, only leaving an opening for their heads to breathe.

Yep, cichlids can be nippy and mystery snails have delicious looking stalks sticking out of them.

They dont outright hunt them, but it's probably what did it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom