Snapping turtle in 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex.walkerrrrr

Aquarium Advice Regular
I caught a baby snapping turtle today, I still can't tell if it's a common snapping turtle or alligator snapping turtle. I'm pretty sure it's A common snapping turtle. I was wondering if I could put it in with my three Oscars one tiger shovel nose catfish and five silver dollar red hooks. I know the temperature would need to be lower probably around 73 or 74. But I was just wondering if he would be OK or if he would need somewhere to get up onto.
Image1497311384.504398.jpgImage1497311428.163257.jpg

I caught a baby snapping turtle today, I still can't tell if it's a common snapping turtle or alligator snapping turtle. I'm pretty sure it's A common snapping turtle. I was wondering if I could put it in with my three Oscars one tiger shovel nose catfish and five silver dollar red hooks. I know the temperature would need to be lower probably around 73 or 74. But I was just wondering if he would be OK or if he would need somewhere to get up onto.
View attachment 300397View attachment 300398

The snapping turtle is very small. The Shell is probably two or 3 inches not even that.
Here he is compared to a digital thermometer

Image1497311566.536377.jpg

first snapping turtles eat fish or any thing that moves even other turtle. Lg Oscars and shovel nose cats eat baby turtles. The turtle needs to have a sand bottom to cover himself his water depth should be so he can lay on the bottom and reach his head out of the water. snapping turtles have long necks . the water depth so his nose can reach the surface, drift wood or opana wood is good.dont put him in that tank turtles can drown.

first snapping turtles eat fish or any thing that moves even other turtle. Lg Oscars and shovel nose cats eat baby turtles. The turtle needs to have a sand bottom to cover himself his water depth should be so he can lay on the bottom and reach his head out of the water. snapping turtles have long necks . the water depth so his nose can reach the surface, drift wood or opana wood is good.dont put him in that tank turtles can drown.

Ok thank you

Do you know the myriad of parasites and general awefullness that little guy is most likely carrying? I really hope you didn't put him in that already fragile tank??

Back
Top Bottom