Sniperhank's Red Sea S-series 500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about this?

[emoji7] they are definitely one of my favourite fish I have seen in person so far. Might give them ago if you have success with the masstick then.

Do you think 3 would be enough (1 male and 2 females) or do you think 4 would be better with 3 females?

The small schools are best...I just can't remember for the life of me if they need to stay in odd numbers or not. I've been thinking about it ever since thinking about ordering them. I think either would be fine.

The small schools are best...I just can't remember for the life of me if they need to stay in odd numbers or not. I've been thinking about it ever since thinking about ordering them. I think either would be fine.

I can’t remember. I just remember reading that you should keep one male and the rest females.

Do you think this masstick would work with mandarins as well or would they still need to be trained to eat it?

What bribo said is correct. One will turn male no matter what.
As for mandarin, the claim is they eat it as well. I’ve seen videos of it from their sources. So far my anthias aren’t too interested, but they will eat mysis so I have time to work it out.

IMG_1429.jpg

Spontaneous purchases. I grabbed a gold wall hammer, 5 inches I think, and this awesome scoly. Totally amazing looking piece. With the success of my plain Jane scoly I have high hopes.
IMG_1434.jpg

The anthias look awesome with the black sand. Are they settling in fine?

That scolymia looks sweet. Haven’t seen anything like that in my lfs and I haven’t ventured onto online livestock yet. I’m not sure which sites to go to here in Scotland

Things are going really well. More of the male is being seen now. He still doesn’t like me being near the tank, but then again neither does the sailfin.
I’m currently making another batch of ro/di water to top off the tank and I’ll be mixing up this new batch of masstick. Haven’t decided how I’m going to put it together so I can freeze most of it yet.

Mixed up two of the batches of masstick. Added too much water and it was pretty wet. Fed the fish. Anthias are all about it with some of it being in the water column. Awesome.

Mixed up two of the batches of masstick. Added too much water and it was pretty wet. Fed the fish. Anthias are all about it with some of it being in the water column. Awesome.

Have you figured out how to put videos up yet?

How many anthias did u get?

If you know what a Boba straw is, just like a soda straw but fatter to allow the huge tapioca pearls to go through. If you wanted to freeze it into the tube of the straw, it would protect it and you could cut off pieces to serve your fish as needed.

You could use a pastery bag to fill the straws.

I started putting videos on YouTube. Only the one I put up for Dary of the copperband eating masstick.
As it stands 4 healthy lyretail anthias.
As for freezing, the larger bag came as several bags inside it. Only mixed up two bags to get the consistency I wanted. It is t as thick as the first batch I made. Slather on the rock for the sailfin and copperband. Everything that is in the water column the anthias demolish.

It wasn't me, it was all from the product.
What I was able to do today was get my skimmer back up and running. I had been scratching my head as to why it wasn't working correctly again. Took it apart and found a calcium buildup that was blocking the air intake. Scraped it out and working like a charm.
It'll be interesting to see what goes on with the skimmer with masstick being the only thing fed. I still have gunk that needs removed from the sandbed so it'll be interesting to see what happens in a couple of months since the claim is that there aren't nutrients imported into the water column with the product. I personally don't see how that is possible as even food that is consumed will then be digested and enter the water column that way...

Back
Top Bottom