So i come home.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
And I found my ten gallon fry tank with a temp of 35 degrees Celsius! I nearly pooped myself. All the fry are ok for now I turned the heaters down I'm trying to get the tank to 86f since I think I may have ich in the tank since one day my heater was turned off and the temp dropped really low and that's when I noticed it. So now I'm trying to figure out why my one heater wouldn't go to 86f and I had to double up on heaters.

Heater with temp scales on them for temp setting need to be checked against a thermometer. They are not always calibrated correctly. Some brands like Jagger, can be calibrated to give a correct temp, but others you have to fiddle with until you get the correct temp, ignoring the scale.

My Aqueon Pro is almost dead on for it's temperature setting. I think it's the best heater I've ever had.

Laser said:
I agree, I have an elite in my hospital tank that thing is garbage.

I went through 3 when set up my ten gallon before I found one that worked. It was a kit so I couldn't change it for a different one.

Back
Top Bottom