So many fishtanks, so little room...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I went to an estate sale today that had two what looked like 40ish gallon tanks, with a stand (and some filters). They wanted $45 for both tanks and the stand, and all the junk inside. Then at another garage sale I drove past, they had a 30 gallon tall with a stand, filter and gravel for $50. I bought neither, because I'm now to 4 (and a half) tanks and am running out of room and money, but it was so hard to walk away from the sales, especially the first one with the big tanks....

:cry:

Wow, congrats on being able to walk away. I would have jumped on the first deal...even though I'm running out of room also. Way to be strong! :D

Way to be strong HannahJ!!
Congrats.. I too would have wanted the deals.

I couldn't have walked away, that is why I have 11 tanks, 2 large ones, and have just bought a new house. LOL, very impressive on your part.

I would have come home with a bunch of tanks. Then I would have heard it from my wife. All but one of my 15 tanks are 2 or 3 high, I need to drop the floor or raise the ceiling. I'm visualizing a setup with one of those old library roll across ladders.

Tolak said:
I would have come home with a bunch of tanks. Then I would have heard it from my wife. All but one of my 15 tanks are 2 or 3 high, I need to drop the floor or raise the ceiling. I'm visualizing a setup with one of those old library roll across ladders.

I know the feeling. I'm vertically challenged(midget-like) so it's difficult to work on my 75 gallon sometimes. I had to buy a stepladder and I'm absolutely loving the thing. I wouldn't have been able to pass on the tanks. At the very least I would've bought them and used them to replace one of my smaller tanks. I've got a ten gallon setup for example, but I'd break it down and put the fish from it in the 40 for example. Then I'd store the ten someplace.

Back
Top Bottom