Some body is not playing nice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve127

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 65 g FOWLR, a blue head wrasse, a black clown, a marine beta and 2 mollies left over from start up. I had a Henry's angel and 2 other mollies that passed away. Recently I've noticed that the mollie's fins are shrinking. Looks like somebody has been chewing on them. Now I'm wondering if someone is eating them. I feed them 1/2 a cube of frozen mysis shrimp a day. What am I doing wrong?

I'd pin it either on the mollies righting or the wrasse. Betas tend to be super shy and it could be the clown but wrasses can have mean streaks.

Id put my money on the bluehead. I just had to move my coral beauty because I caught my baby rainbow wrasse hitting her and tearing her fins.

My wrasse is still a baby 2in long.

I'm going to move my med. bluevelvet in with it.

I raise mollies in saltwater. They are just an additional food supply for my saltwater fish.

The only fish that doesn't attack mollies are my butterflies and zebra blennies.

But they will eat the mollies if they are dead.

Black clown...I would put money on it...
Think about it and the black mollies...The clown is about as cute and friendly as a damsel,their cousin....

Back
Top Bottom