Someone please tell me that this would work...Yellow Peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yellow Peacock Cichlid
(Aulonocara sp.)

there are three at my LFS, and Im in LOVE with them. Will ONE thrive alone?? Will he beat up the rest of my fish? They were raised by someone local so they are used to our water quality. It says they get up to 5 inches... Is there any way he would work in my tank? I have peacock eels, but they hide in the log, (a hole only they fit into). I have heard on here people putting tiger barbs in a cichlid tank to take the agression away from other cichlids... I have TONS of hidey holes and plants. a GIANT sword plant, some java fern & tons of valis,

Am I just dreaming?
Or should I just ask Santa for a new tank?? (which is probably unlikely)

[url=http://www.mongabay.com/fish/peacock_cichlids.htm said:
Mongabay[/url]]
A delightful fish that can be combined in most community tanks containing other robust fish. Occasionally territorial, this fish is otherwise peaceful. Only during spawning do the fish begin aggressive behavior. It is still a wise idea to provide a retreat for each fish as this makes them more comfortable

Go to the Mongabay site throught the link above and read all about your new love :D

Back
Top Bottom