Something Funny going on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blang

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Melini catfish hide all day long but something must have been in the bloodworms because all of a sudden, two out of the three of them were swimming all over the place. After watching them for awhile, I notice Ike was nibbling at Spike and they were both shaking while they were going up and down the glass. After awhile, I noticed 4 little eggs in the corner of the tank.

This is a ten gallon tank with one gold dust molly, a dwarf platy, serpae tetra and 3 cory cats. I have two live plants. Now, what do I do with the eggs?

Unless you can get the other fish into a seperate tank, I am sad to say that the eggs will get eaten. I don't think scraping the eggs off the glass is a particularly sterling idea as it is likely to damage them.

Others may have had success removing the eggs safely, I wouldn't know how to do it. If you really want to breed them you will do better with a seperate tank for the involved.

Let's say I get lucky and they hatch. Will the fry most likely be eaten also?

Back
Top Bottom