something wierd in my tank?? need help, have drawing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monlov

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was doing a water change today in my 55 gallon. as i was dumping the water out i noticed stuff moving around in the gunk that didnt go down the drain yet. at first i thought they were little bugs but when i picked one up it didnt have the exoxkeleton feel of an insect. i guessing they might be fry? i have zebra danios, bolivian rams, black neon tetras, and one male molly. i attached a drawing of what they look like, and they are aproximetly 4mm long. are black when looking on top but almost clear from the sides. thanks

Attachments

• tankthing_379.jpg
    tankthing_379.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 148
From your diagram, I would guess fry too- probably danios. Congrats!
If you want to try saving the next batch, you can get an artificial grass spawn mat from the lfs. It provides a place for the fry to hide from other fish and your gravel vac.

yeah im starting to think they are danio babies too, i remember a week or so ago my girlfriend commenting on how fat one of the danios was. and now i dont see any that are fat(pregnant i guess). this is my first fry experience, when i first saw them i thought oh crap i have some sort of parasites or something taking over my tank.i transfered about 10-15 to a container with tank water in it so i could get a better look at them. i put those in my quarentine tank that just has a newly purchased bushynose pleco. ill look into the grass for them to hid in for next time, i fell kinda bad about washing most of them down the drain.

thanks for your help :D

Are you sure your Molly is a male? Wouldn't think fry from Danios would be black.
Just a thought...

CH

I have a single zebra danio fry - it looks just like your diagram. It's small, but it's tripled its size in the past 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom