Specific Gravity with 1 tbsp per 5 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKEET

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got one of those hydrometers and was wondering what reading I should see if putting 1 tbsp of salt per 5 gal of water like when we treat for ICH ???

I doubt it would even read on the hydrometer. For my GSP tank with a SG of 1.018-1.019, I use ~2cups/5 gallons, so 1 tbsp/ 5 gallons most likely will not register.

I see, thanks for the info. I tested my tank with the hydrometer and it reads about 1.002 but my tap water has that same reading also.

Thanks, have thought about getting puffers for our 20g brackish tank, but have breeding Mollys and don't want community for awhile. When we set up this tank, I added 3 cups of marine salt. Didn't even make the needle move on the SG guage as I remember. Somebody probably makes a more sensitive unit, but I'm watching the fish and the moss growing nicely and figure I don't need to worry. I add ~2 tbs salt/g @ water changes, going with the though that 'Molies like a bit of salt in their water'....and it works.

CH

Back
Top Bottom