Split Bubble Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrndHog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this bubble tip for about a month and yesterday it split into two separate anenomes, living and doing well. How often does this happen?

depends on the anenome. They say the more you feed them the quicker they will split. I have had mine about a year and it has only split once.

yes. it is common. Plus now you have two. And maybe eventually you will have three, then four, five, six,seven,eight. You get the picture.

I had mine for maybe 6 months before it split, it was maybe 5-6" across. I had 2 for a few months then I gave one to a friend. His split a few weeks after I gave it to him and then mine split again. So now I have 2 that are 2" dia. There mouths took a month or so to reform before they would eat again. They are both getting bigger now that they are eating again. I am feeding them maybe twice a week now. My one clown is too big to fit into them so she has not been happy. I'm hoping they don't split again for a while.

I had a small rbta that split after I had it for less than a week. He almost split again immediately. He ended up splitting another 2 weeks later. After a month, he seems happy to be a triplet.

Back
Top Bottom