Sponge Scrunge/Dirty filter Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree! 1,000 posts in 2 months?!?!

Oh, and OP:
You're doing a good job! I love it when people actually research before they buy! :rolleyes: Nothing against those deceived by dubious pet store employees though... :D

Just watch out, because neons can be nippy sometimes, but they aren't too bad.

I agree! 1,000 posts in 2 months?!?!

Oh, and OP:
You're doing a good job! I love it when people actually research before they buy! :rolleyes: Nothing against those deceived by dubious pet store employees though... :D

Just watch out, because neons can be nippy sometimes, but they aren't too bad.

Thanks :D when I tried my first cycle I took several months to buy everything I need so used all that time to research! haha we have many of those kid of pet store workers here, actually most retail people are like that in electronic stores too!

Yeah I've read in a way it's all luck of the draw, each fish has its own personality so I just gotta hope I get a very calm and friendly Betta :lol:

I agree! 1,000 posts in 2 months?!?! Oh, and OP: You're doing a good job! I love it when people actually research before they buy! :rolleyes: Nothing against those deceived by dubious pet store employees though... :D Just watch out, because neons can be nippy sometimes, but they aren't too bad.
It's a wonder I have not lost my job as I spend 25% of the day on my phone with AA, but hey! Life's too short:)

So I cleaned everything and set everything up, filled the tank and added my prime then started the filter. As soon as the filter started it was VERY loud and I couldn't trace the problem. After running for not even 5 minutes it completely stopped working and won't turn back on. I've already spent $500+ trying to get this aquarium started and have had nothing but problems, I think it's best I just cut my losses and give up on it! Thanks for the advice guys!

No way?! Those things come in pieces? Maybe your cat borrowed a part during the assembly. Sorry your having a tough go here. Really shouldn't give up quite yet, haven't even gotten to the fun part! Send the manufacturer an email staring what happened? Also you could try taking the thing entirely apart and re-assembling, can't hurt...
Edit. Just thought if This, a couple if my filters need to have water poured into them to get running.

No way?! Those things come in pieces? Maybe your cat borrowed a part during the assembly. Sorry your having a tough go here. Really shouldn't give up quite yet, haven't even gotten to the fun part! Send the manufacturer an email staring what happened? Also you could try taking the thing entirely apart and re-assembling, can't hurt...
Edit. Just thought if This, a couple if my filters need to have water poured into them to get running.

Haha not in pieces but won't turn on! I have thankfully calmed down now and considering my options. I bought it from U.S and I have already thrown out the receipt so I don't know my chances of any warranty claim. Oh well mine was fully submerged and working since it's an internal and worked for only 5 mins max then stopped working. Have you heard of Aqua One branded filters? I'm tempted to get a Canister filter from my LFS that sell the Aqua One branded ones.

I have not heard if the brand no, I usually do a bit if research and check reviews now before I but any major equipment..

I have not heard if the brand no, I usually do a bit if research and check reviews now before I but any major equipment..

Oh it's mainly sold in U.K and Aus. Well many people say the Fluval U3 is good and some say it has a lot of problems. I just took the Fluval apart and tried to see if there was anything stuck or broken but it seems absolutely fine. I cleaned it out and turned it on again and it's still completely dead so looks like it's either empty the tank or get a canister.

You have a 20 right? Why not an aqua clear hob? Why the canister?

Yes a 20. None of my LFS sell aqua clear products, I'm in Australia and the range is somewhat more limited and I've read canister filters are really good, they are much easier to maintain as well.

Back
Top Bottom