Spotted African leaf fish disease? Pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke up this morning and my favorite fish was laying on the gravel hiding on the plans. And I saw it had a big bump in his/her tummy. There no other fish that she could of breed so I am thinking he/she is sick :(
Anyone has an idea what it is? is just laying down. But it can still swim.
Any help would be appreciated.
She didn't had that bump yesterday.
Thanks
Bri

I would maybe start by offering a shelled pea- bloat is usually helped with this. He may or may not take it but worth a try. And it is something with minimal effort as a start

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would maybe start by offering a shelled pea- bloat is usually helped with this. He may or may not take it but worth a try. And it is something with minimal effort as a start

Okay. Will do thanks :)

I'm not 100% sure if that is what it is but the pea can't hurt. Hopefully someone else will chime in

Awww hopefully! They're really cool fish. I've never had one but always thought about it but never had the right size tank or tank mates at the same time

Awww hopefully! They're really cool fish. I've never had one but always thought about it but never had the right size tank or tank mates at the same time

Will see :(

My dwarf gourami was acting exactly like this and had a huge belly, a shelled pea made him better in 1 day. Completely back to himself.

Definitely a good try.

I love my fish!!!

My dwarf gourami was acting exactly like this and had a huge belly, a shelled pea made him better in 1 day. Completely back to himself.

Definitely a good try.

I love my fish!!!

I will buy some peas tomorrow :3 thanks guys! I was too busy today.

So last night I got some peas and I gave it to my fish and today in the morning his tummy was back to normal. Thanks guys!

Glad to hear that! He was just a little backed up is all. I had this happen once and now feed peas every once in a while as a preventative measure. Not too often though.

I love my fish!!!

Glad to hear that! He was just a little backed up is all. I had this happen once and now feed peas every once in a while as a preventative measure. Not too often though.

I love my fish!!!

So I came to a conclusion. Today while weekly water change I found a baby swimming around and I was like ... Who of you was pregnant. No one seem to me that my fish would be pregnant. It's the second time this has happen. So I think he over ate the rest of the babies. Feel kinda sad but at the same time I rescue one and probably the only survivor. Now I have 4 babies to raise. Excited.

If there was no male, how could this fish have had babies? What else is in the tank?

If there was no male, how could this fish have had babies? What else is in the tank?

I figure it out. Balloon Molly was pregnant she gave birth my African over ate and needed to poop it out hehehe. But he is fine now :) he is the cutest

Back
Top Bottom