Spotted gar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swayamsd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, first day here. Lets go to the topic. I got a gar 2 days ago, after putting him into the tank, after 10 to 15 minutes he started to rub his nose against the glass of the tank. My lfs said me to raise the temp, add salt and anti ich medicine. It worked but little. He does not rub his nose much when the filter and lights go off.
What should i do to prevent it. His health is fine. He eating and swimming well but sometimes rubbing his nose. His nose has become little white i don't know if it was already from the store. Is it his colour or because of the rubbing. Thank you. It is an emergency. Pictures of the nose are attached..

uploadfromtaptalk1434443594608.jpeg

I'm not sure but that is a beautiful fish

Sent from inside my fish tank

Thank you fishy, supertonm, cool guy. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. And this is 50 gallon tank of dimensions 36x18x18 inches.

Spotted Gar usually grow 18-24" (so I've heard). Do you have a bigger tank for it later on? How big is it right now?

Sent via Impala

It is 11 inches now and i do have a 280 gallon tank of dim 72x30x30 inches for him.

Back
Top Bottom