Spraybars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently came across a spray bar my friend got in his canister filter but did not want to use himself. So what I'm wondering is: Are spraybars ok to use in a reef? I plan to connect it on the return line from my Phos-Ban reactor, and install a ball valve to help control flow.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Spraybars can be used in any aquaria IMO. Good for getting flow in a broad area... It can also help with surface movement.

They are good for oxygen exchange/surface movement. I have one on my fuge. They are also really easy to make.

Very good for small tanks as well where flow can be difficult and there's a lack of space. One good velocity powerhead and some well placed (drilled) pipe can make all the difference in the world.

I would however not suggest connecting it to the reactor. The flow through the Phosban reactor should be on the slower side. The problem there being if the flow is too high through the reactor you end up disintegrating the media and it will enter the tank and not help with what it's there for in the first place. Better to connect the bar to a free powerhead or similar.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom