Staining Canopy top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gman85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I recently purchased a used 120 gallon tank with stand and canopy. And I had to sand down and re stain the stand and canopy. My question is is there a reason why people don't stain the in side of the canopy? Is it bad for the fish? Does it even matter? I just wanna know so I can finish it either way the stand is done for the most part and now all I have to do is the canopy. Any incite will be appreciated.

It doesn't matter lol. I've never stained one but no one sees the inside so why use more stain to stain it?

That's just my thinking hut it dies not effect fish in any way.

I was just asking cause it would water proof the inside. I'm just saying cause I noticed that it had some mildew built from the last owner. Thanks

Gman85 said:
I was just asking cause it would water proof the inside. I'm just saying cause I noticed that it had some mildew built from the last owner. Thanks

Yeah, it would be a good idea to stain the inside to make it waterproof. Especially if your going to have a sump under there or something.

Back
Top Bottom