star fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are star fish a good fish for a FOWLR with some corals? (and maybe eventually a reef?) I was looking into the blue linckia.so was just currious! also, I plan on having snails, hermits, and maybe some shrimp, but I heard that some star fish prey on them....so ya, Thanks

I believe in target feeding everything like that once a week. It makes me feel better because I am sure they are getting enough to eat. That is just how I do things though....

They can be hard to keep fed and should be in an established tank. I know a few people in my reef club that have had some for a while with no issues and others that say they are very hard to keep alive.

They are very beutiful though!

I`ve had mine for a couple years but one thing you must remember IME as I killed the first one I had by exposing it to air. It will die if you do. The second one lived by not exposing it to air. Ask your lfs not to pull it out of the water when he bags it for you and dont you pull it out of the water. I learned the hard way. If you dont believe me here is some info.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=568

Good luck with him

Back
Top Bottom