starfish help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stac4lee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i bought this new orange starfish yesterday but noticed today that it has like bubles or eggs coming from th middle of it any1 any idea wat it is ??
DSC03217.jpg

Starfish can expel their digestive tract. I would guess that is what that is. It is usually not a good sign. Make sure you water quality is as good as you can make it. If you do water changes try to match the parameters in the tank so you don't put additional stress on it. Did you acclimate it when you put it in the tank? Starfish are extremely sensitive to changes in water parameters. Also, some cannot be exposed to air or it will kill them. Can't remember which species it is though.

Red Fromia Starfish

the man in the pet shop told me it was a Red Fromia Starfish the man advised me to put the bag in the water for 10 minz then after than 10 minz over the period of 20minz add an egg cup full of water into the bag then when the 20minz is up let the starfish out. thats what i did and it stayed in the bottom most of the evening then in the moring it was on the side of the glass it seemed fine but when i got back from work it looked to have a funny growth!! ill try and get down to the man the day that sold it to me to see what he has to say!!:p:?::?::?::?:

Back
Top Bottom