starfish will they mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elke

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a harleguin serpent star and a red serpenet star now i got thousand of these lil stars in my sand rock and glass some the size of a nickel and some no bigger then a pencil earser
can these 2 stars mate and if not whats in my tank? but these lil sars are everywhere..

plus i got these lil worm looking things in my bottom look like red veins pump blood i know gross description but thats what it looks like.. so any idea on what it is would be great.. as for my rock and stuff all started as dead rock and nothing added for me to get a hitchhicker

ty elke

Those two stars wont mate.

Sounds like you do have lots of little starts (I have a few, mine are white). Mine piggy-backed in on my live rock, don't know where your's are from.

what about storing stuff to have babies later is this possible cuz these stars are everywhere even in my sump and skimmer along with my tank the couple that are nickel sized kinda look like my harlequin serpent but not really sure these lil buggars are all over the place and if their bad i'll try to get rid of them but if their real serpant star i guess they will benifit my tank i'll try to get a good pic of 1 and post it but the bigger ones hide in the rock and are harder to see but the little ones really dont have any color yet all most see trough or pure white..

I have hundreds of them in my tank and all i can figure out is they hitched a ride. Some times people come by and I`ll give them some for their tank and the cycle goes on.

Back
Top Bottom