Start cycling a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cycled my 30 gallon with Cory cats. They are very hardy! Plates are another good option.

I used white clouds also, pretty fish and very hardy! They are still doing great. You'll get all kinds of resistance from some in here about fish in cycle but people have been doing it forever. Worked fine for me and I was done in 5 weeks! Good luck!
Danios are good too, just make sure you don't get too many at first, start with like 2 or 3 depending on your tank size!

Fish In Tank Cycling

What type and how many fish would you introduce to a29 gal tank to start fish cycling

Hello Steve...

You only want the hardiest fish. Female Guppies, Rasboras, White Clouds, Platys, Zebra Danios are all good choices. Others are more sensitive to the less than perfect water conditions that develope during the nitrogen cycle.

You need 3 to 4 small fish for every 10 gallons of water. A 10 gallon tank needs 3 to 4. A 55 G, 20 or so. Just do the math. The fish wastes start the cycle.

B

Hello Steve...

You only want the hardiest fish. Female Guppies, Rasboras, White Clouds, Platys, Zebra Danios are all good choices. Others are more sensitive to the less than perfect water conditions that develope during the nitrogen cycle.

You need 3 to 4 small fish for every 10 gallons of water. A 10 gallon tank needs 3 to 4. A 55 G, 20 or so. Just do the math. The fish wastes start the cycle.

B

I agree 3 harlequin Rasbora is a good choice but use hardy fish that are going to be part of your final stocking plan.

Back
Top Bottom