Starting a new saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Renn1206

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey again forum been gone for a while but now i have a new setup in mind and need as much help as possible. This is going to be my first sw tank. My buddy gave me a tank he had laying around. Its a 55 gal tank its drilled and he also gave me the wet/dry filter with small pump bio balls and i have the pipes. I need to find a stand to put it on but till then im doing research. I need to know what else i need to get this tank going and how i should go about it. My biggest issue is probably going to be deciding on fish and corral and such

Hey again forum been gone for a while but now i have a new setup in mind and need as much help as possible. This is going to be my first sw tank. My buddy gave me a tank he had laying around. Its a 55 gal tank its drilled and he also gave me the wet/dry filter with small pump bio balls and i have the pipes. I need to find a stand to put it on but till then im doing research. I need to know what else i need to get this tank going and how i should go about it. My biggest issue is probably going to be deciding on fish and corral and such

Trust me the biggest issue will not be deciding on fish and coral. that's the fun part!
Just get everything together. Get your plumbing and stand situated, then we'll help you from there!

You might wan to fill up that bioball section full of bioballs or remove everything in there. With that little bio balls would not do anything. Also you will need to consider good size Skimmer with the right foot plan for the sump. After you set up the tank, give it at least 6-9 weeks before consider place live stock, you will need it fully cycled

Back
Top Bottom