Starting a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishstick18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help with cleaning: Hello, I found an old 29 gallon tank in my garage from years ago and am planning a new project with it. First things first, I dont remember what it was used for. There could have been anything from frogs to hampsters previously in there as far as I know. So the question is, how should I clean it to ensure the safety of future fish?

I heard online in other forums that vinegar works well, so I sprayed some on the inside around every surface. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

I have heard vinegar can work well. There is an API product I think used for cleaning the inside of tanks.
Do not use any normal soap products.
I got a couple of tanks from flea markets and just used really hot and warm water.
There are some youtube videos about cleaning up old tanks.

I have heard vinegar can work well. There is an API product I think used for cleaning the inside of tanks.
Do not use any normal soap products.
I got a couple of tanks from flea markets and just used really hot and warm water.
There are some youtube videos about cleaning up old tanks.
Thank you, I didnt know that about soap. I'll check online for the API stuff :)

Do you think I could use the API stuff to clean some old gravel and equipment aswell?

Back
Top Bottom