Starting Anew! Tank Build: 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the pet store today and saw some fish that I haven't seen in person before! I really like the looks of them:
Congo tetras
Red/Blue Columbian tetra
Turquoise rainbow
Ohhhhh there was one more!!!! Grrrrrr I forget what it was called!
Does anyone have any experience with these fish?

I have turquoise rainbows and absolutely love them. When you turn on the lights they look like deep blue velvet. Very peaceful fish. Can't lose with them.

Maltimomma said:
I have turquoise rainbows and absolutely love them. When you turn on the lights they look like deep blue velvet. Very peaceful fish. Can't lose with them.

That's awesome to hear!!! They sound very pretty! I'll look at them more the next time I go to the lfs because they sound great:)

Funny thing is my 55 sounds fairly close to this, AC70, heavily planted, tetras, gouramis, and angels... I also have an Amazon Sword that went through a rough patch but has been thriving again. For me, it was the temperature. I had an outbreak of ich and had the temp at 86 for 10 days, the Amazon HATED that, cut off at least 6 20" leaves that melted, doing well again though, I have inert gravel and use root tabs... seems to thrive, my normal temp is 74 deg.

This pic shows the Sword off really well...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Ozydego/55%20gal%20freshwater%20hightech/fts101411.jpg

Ozydego said:
Funny thing is my 55 sounds fairly close to this, AC70, heavily planted, tetras, gouramis, and angels... I also have an Amazon Sword that went through a rough patch but has been thriving again. For me, it was the temperature. I had an outbreak of ich and had the temp at 86 for 10 days, the Amazon HATED that, cut off at least 6 20" leaves that melted, doing well again though, I have inert gravel and use root tabs... seems to thrive, my normal temp is 74 deg.

This pic shows the Sword off really well...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Ozydego/55%20gal%20freshwater%20hightech/fts101411.jpg

Oh wow! That tank is gorgeous! It looks fantastic! Just wow!!!! Thanks for the information about the amazon sword! And yeah these tanks do sound very similar;). Thanks again!

the 55 is a nice size, cant wait to see what you do with yours!

Back
Top Bottom