Starting my 240 gallon in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tomorrow I will be putting in a header in my basement (future man cave) that will hold my future 96x24x24 240 gallon reef tank. I will also have a 75 gallon sump, a 75 gallon refugium, a 20 gallon long frag tank, and maybe a couple of 20 gallon long stock tanks for selling fish. I currently have the 75 gallon I will use for the refugium. I am picking up another 75 for the the sump on Sunday that is a running reef loaded with huge corals and a few fish. Go big or go home. Hope it doesn’t take me 5 years to complete.

this is the livestock the 75 comes with:
over 125 lb of live rock
Giant Frogspawn
Large Hammer Coral
green and brown leather dish
Multiple green acans
Red/white acans
Candy Cane LPS coral
Duncan LPS coral
Green Star Polyps
Purple Monte-cap coral
digi SPS corals
other SPS coral
Some button coral

2 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
2 PJ Cardinals
Green Chromis
Pair of clowns

Very nice. I spent the afternoon yesterday thinking I was getting a free 140 complete system. All I was going to have to do in trade was a couple days worth of electrical work. I was pumped since I only have a 45. Then, last night the guy backed out. Said someone beat me to the punch. Not sure why he didn't say that when we were negotiating on the phone.

I have found a couple in st louis on craigslist. I may just go with a new one from glasscages.com

Should my current lighting be ok for the new corals? 4x54 t5ho with ati bulbs and 1 whole fixture reflector.

Awesome ,,i'll be following along

side note about glass cages though,,,pull up some reviews ,,i have read many nightmare stories in the past on other forums

Got the header in today. I am going to finish the stand tomorrow and I’ll post some pictures.

Just incase anyone is interested, initial stock plan is:
5-7 chromis
5-7 anthias
mated firefish
mated mandarins
mated clowns
starry eyed blenny
canary blenny
2 neon goby
royal gramma
3 yellow tang
2 blue hippo tang
kole tang
sailfin tang

Hinds04 said:
Just incase anyone is interested, initial stock plan is:
5-7 chromis
5-7 anthias
mated firfish
mated mandarins
mated clowns
starry eyed blenny
canary blenny
2 neon goby
royal gramma
3 yellow tang
2 blue hippo tang
kole tang
sailfin tang

How bout shrimp and any cuc

probably 5-7 cleaner shrimp,5-7 anemone crabs, and the usual snails and hermits

What size tangs are you going to get? I got my sailfin smaller because he is more aggressive- but then found out that the yellow tangs ten ld to just be tank bullies all around- not just to the tangs

one of the acans I’m picking up Sunday
img_1614609_0_1dbb554f22563a4448875902be385c7f.jpg
[/IMG]

Also will be getting frogspawn the size of a volleyball.

Hinds04 said:
I’ve found that the other really cool inverts aren’t seen much. These guys hang out in plain sight and are awesome to watch.

Iv never heard of an anenome crab, ill look it up. What about pistol shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom