Starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I am from Nogales, Sonora, Mexico. When i was in High School i had two 10 gallon aquariums with Mollies and Guppies mostly for about 3 years.
Now i have started again with 20 gallon tank and more types of fish.
I have 3 Tetras, 3 Blood drops (thats what they call them down here), a pair of guppies, 5 mollies, an angel, catfish, etc.
And proud to say 9 new members, 5 guppies and 4 mollies 3 weeks old.

I want to get a 29 gallon tank and i am wondering if they are standard sizes, or if the dimensions depend on the model. The thing is i am going to have a carpenter friend build me a stand so it wont cost me as much. I saw the dimensions here in town and also in Tucson Az. and they where different.

The other thing i would like to know is, when is it safe to put the new members in with the other fish?

Thanks for your help,
Catfish

I want to get a 29 gallon tank and i am wondering if they are standard sizes, or if the dimensions depend on the model. The thing is i am going to have a carpenter friend build me a stand so it wont cost me as much. I saw the dimensions here in town and also in Tucson Az. and they where different.

Well I had figured that a 29 is a 29 is a 29. I know they make two different types of 20 gal tank. 20 Long and 20 High. I also know they make a 30 gal Long and then the 29 gal.

The 29 gal that I have seen is the same footprint as a 20 gal tank but is just a little bit taller.

All Glass Aquariums Website said:
All measurements are L X W X H
  • 20 High - 24x12x16
    20 Long - 30x12x12
    25 Gallon - 24x12x20
    29 Gallon - 30x12x18
    30 Gallon - 36x12x16
    30 Breeder - 36x18x12
    33 Long - 48x13x12

The above info is from All glass aquariums web site on the tanks that they make. These are the 'common' sizes.

Thats right

Thanks,

I seem to be getting the same info all around, guess i just happend to find a different tank when i started measuring.

Thanks

speaking of....

If the last fish in your tank dies, should you clean it all out - new water, gravel, etc. or can you just put a nother fish in?

Ed

I would say it depends on what they died from.

If it was ich then I would maybe run the tank empty for a few weeks. If it was from ammonia then no i would not drain the tank and clean it I would wait for the ammoinia to cycle out of the tank before adding more fish.

Back
Top Bottom