Startled fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henrysdad

Aquarium Advice Regular
The past 3 days my 2 tiger Oscars have been acting like somthing is startling them out of nowhere just now I walked in the front door walked passed the tank and both of them swam full force into the opposite side hard enough to scare the $#!@ out of me and make huge waves in the tank?!..nothing has changed. water conditions. temp. Lighting . nothing they are both hand fed and know me well they arent shy..just yesterday they both dug through the substrate right behind my hands as I vacuumed and did a 50%wc..I whent so far as to test the water with a multi meter looking for any sort of voltage thinking maybe somehow they cracked the heater or broke the power head and I cant see it but still nothing..kinda worried they are going to hurt themselves[emoji29]

Any ambient light changes? Mirror like reflections in the tank they might be seeing?

Is it really dark or lights on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When does this behavior occur?

No, like what time of day??

Ok, if it was something that happened solely when the tank is dark and you either turn on a room light or walk by and create movement in the tank??seeing as its unrelated to anything constant?? It may be something more severe. I thought you only had one Oscar?
Ps- you live in an old house?

Ok, if it was something that happened solely when the tank is dark and you either turn on a room light or walk by and create movement in the tank??seeing as its unrelated to anything constant?? It may be something more severe. I thought you only had one Oscar?
Ps- you live in an old house?
That's what I'm worried about..and I bought another aquarium for the original oscar 90g and when I got there to pick up the tank it was on the porch half full of water with a 4-5 inch oscar that came with the tank I was unaware of before hand..so after housing that one in a 30 gallon tank and cleaning and cycling the new used tank I decided to put them both in there together

You're going to need a couple big wcs a week in that tank man.. are they aggressive towards each other?

You're going to need a couple big wcs a week in that tank man.. are they aggressive towards each other?

I do 50%wcs twice a week as far as aggression. I've seen them lock lips once since then a tail shake here n there is the most I see but since they started acting like they are scared they have shown aggression towards decor and equipment airstones mostly

Back
Top Bottom