Stock Advice - 36 gallon tropical tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

empirekevin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 6 tetras (2ElectricGreenGlow, 2LongRedFin, 2BlackPhantom) and a 36G tank I started 2 weeks ago.

I am looking for more fish that will blend well with them and be more of a upper tank swimming family.

My tank is dark so bright colors are preferred.

Thoughts?

A male dwarf gourami, an angelfish, and hatchet fish could work. With your tank size you could add both a dwarf gourami (males are much brighter colored) and an angelfish. Both will give you a different body shape than what you already have and will use the middle to upper level of your tank. You could also add a small school of cory cats to give movement to the bottom of your tank. With a dark tank say 5-6 albino cory cats would really stand out. Same with a light colored angel and a brightly colored dwarf gourami.

I have never seen a hatchet fish until now. lol. Prolly my preference from that group would be an angel fish. The look of the other two just aren't for me.

Good advice though. Thanks

First I would get more tetras. Each of those tetras needs schools of 5+. So I would first get 3 more of each type of tetra, then add other fish. Have you looked into rams? Those make a great addition to a tank. The two most popular are the German Blue Ram and the Bolivian Ram. Do you have bottom dwellers in the tank? If not, I recommend getting some. Maybe six cories or one Bristlenose Pleco.

His tank was started 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't recommend rams. Maybe Bolivians but not German blues. I would look into maybe some guppies? They might not go good with the tetras tho. How about some neon or cardinal tetras? Those would look kool.

Back
Top Bottom