Stock check for a friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freddie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, a friend of mine recently got a 375 gal for her birthday:). Its still cycling & shes been deciding on a stock list in the meantime. Shes decided on a preferred stock but is frustrated because she keeps finding conflicting info on compatibility, so I decided to go to the experts:). Heres wat shes wanting:
6 angelfish
1 peacock eel
1 BGK
4 pearl gouramis
1 albino bristlenose
4 pictus cats
1 red tailed black shark
6 clown loaches
6 Australian rainbowfish
I personally think this is fine. But id like a second opinion just in case:).

That is a whole lotta fish! 1st a few questions to help you out:
how are you cycling fish in or out?
What are the current parameters?
Is it planted?
Do you have hard or soft water?
Do you have a testing kit?

Oceangirl said:
That is a whole lotta fish! 1st a few questions to help you out:
how are you cycling fish in or out?
What are the current parameters?
Is it planted?
Do you have hard or soft water?
Do you have a testing kit?

Fish out, planted yes, & im not sure yes she does hav a test kit & has been doin this for a while she has 4 other tanks between 10 & 120 gallons is very cautious & wouldnt subject any fish to less than perfect conditions:)

Wyomingite said:
+1, on both the list bein' fine and keepin' an eye on the BGK and eel. I would probly up the bristlenose to 5 or 6.

375 gallon as a birthday gift? Nice. Somebody must love her very much.

WYite

Shes already got the bgk & eel in a 55 gal with 2 adult angels & was planning to upgrade anyway since she was mislead to believe bgks only needed 55 gallons. She would hav put it n her 120 were it not for a bad-tempered bichir(who decimated all his tankmates, including a D:) her grandmother got it for her to help her (though she might have overdid it a little)

Back
Top Bottom