Stock list for 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flreefer said:
Yeah I would lower it and aim it up, although its agitating the surface pretty well already. You just want some ripple action, not bubbles. This will also silence it.
Sorry didn't know you had some corals, but being Softies, they don't really demand much if any Ca.
Frequent (weekly) pwc's should get your Ca levels up. If it still remains low, I would look into the BRS 2-part system ( Ca, Alk, Mag.). I know that's 3, but it's called 2- part!

Yeah I'm not to worried about calcium now but for when I do get lps or SPS Id like to make sure everything is fine

So how's this for a final, permanent stock list for my feed tank?
1x diamond goby
1x green mandarin(if he survives, doing well so far, a week in!)
1x blue velvet damsel
1x yellow longnose butterflyfish(I know he is reef safe with caution so I will get one from a previous reef tank that had no problems)
1x bristletooth tang(not exactly sure on which one yet)
A few shrimp, hermits and snails
Room for anymore fish? Too many fish? Will I have any problems?
Thanks in advance!

Hoping somebody will say I have room for one more and it would be a flame angel!
But thanks Gboy! Gonna wait to hear from a couple more people before I set it in stone! :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dump the dimond goby friend... There are WAY cooler ones out there! :)

Haha here we go with the gobies again! ;) I do like the two spots though! I want one that can sift through sand, but is the stock list all good?

Eh.., the problem with the flame is that they like to nip at algea on the rocks and graze, thats a decent part of their diet. The tang will do that as well soo not sure.. You will definitly need to suppliment with algea sheets

I like the list. Get an angel.... Lol

armyman16 said:
Hoping somebody will say I have room for one more and it would be a flame angel!
But thanks Gboy! Gonna wait to hear from a couple more people before I set it in stone! :)

Lol! No problem man. I agree with nunu, and i would trade out the longnose for a copperband..but thats just me. I definitly think you could add a flame angel..;)

Nunu are you saying I have to choose between the angel an the tang?):
Gboy I originally got into this hobby for the copper banded! But after reading more about them and realizing how unstable and picky they are and I was reading on green mandarins and it said it would be best if nothing else primarily lived off of copepods and copper bandeds do that. Not sure about the long nose though

Nah get em both...haha :)

Just make sure they are fed well with algea/nori. Flame might decide to eat corals!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Nah get em both...haha :)

Just make sure they are fed well with algea/nori. Flame might decide to eat corals!

Yeah I'm gonna make sure he isn't a nipper before I buy him! And keep them well fed! Do flame angels really eat algae? I always thought they just ate Mysis

They eat alot of stuff, mysis and nori are good for them. How you gunna make sure hes not a nipper in the store? Lol think of a good invention and you may make alot of dough. Haha

Haha one of my lfs keeps almost all his fish in his coral tank, that has all the corals for sale.

Not so sure about the Tang after looking at all the bristletooth again, can't find one for a 75 gallon that really stand a out. What else could I put in there to give it some more movement? Active fish! Nu-Nu no foxface! ;)

Instead of the tang??? Man your crazy, koles and bristletooths are amazing, colorful, and super active!

Yeah I know their active! That's the main reason I want one! But the bristletooths and like tang are kind bland to me! The kole tang only has one spot of color and that's on his eye! The most appealing to me would be the tomini but the brown that I see in the pictures is very boring to me

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You are picky, lol the kole is purplish!!! Its so cool!

Haha I could be with these fish for 5 or 6 years! Do you have a kole?

Back
Top Bottom