Stocking 180l (47.5g) Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jameson_uk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Tank is 101cm (39.7") across x 40cm (15.7") deep and 50cm high (although I think water only goes up to 43.5cm (17.1")

Thinking about final stock looking something like:

10 x Dwarf Rainbowfish
8 x Cherry Barb
12 x Cardinal Tetra
6 x Zebra Loach
1 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Kirbensis

I was originally looking at more feature fish (more Gouramis or similar) but want a little more variety.

Does this look OK for the tank size (filtration is an Eheim 2217 which is rated at 264 gph)?

Will a single gourami / krib be happy on its own?

I think you should take out one of the smaller schooling species. Perhaps the cherry barbs.

Your stocking would be fine in the tank but I agree with taking one of the schools out. It will look extremely busy (not in a good way) if you have all 3 schools.

Would like to keep the variety so any thoughts on what could replace the cherry barbs?

• 2-3 angelfish
  • 2 more gouramis and a single angelfish
  • Couple of Bolivian rams

Would prefer a couple of interesting fish to increasing school size. Concious I have no algae eaters but most seem to like it a little cooler.

Any other ideas?
Water is medium hard (gh 10-13) pH is 7.2 and planning on having the tank at 26C (~79F). Tank is reasonably well planted with open area in the middle, dark sand substrate and a couple of large bits of wood.

Decided to avoid Kribs (read enough stories of them digging up tank)

Current thinking is

10 x dwarf rainbowfish
12 x cardinal tetra
8 x Sterbai Cory
1 x pearl gourami
2 x Bolivian Rams

Sound reasonable?
What order would you add these to tank in (tank is just about fishless cycled using 3ppm Ammonia)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom